Diabetes Prevention is of utmost importance considering it can be chronic if not implementing preventive measures like eating more healthfully, becoming more physically active and losing a few extra pounds.
1. Choosing water, coffee or tea instead of fruit juice, soda, or other sugar sweetened beverages.
2. Eating at least three servings of vegetable every day, including green leafy vegetables.
3. Eating up to three servings of fresh fruit every day.
4. Choosing nuts, a piece of fresh fruit, or unsweetened yoghurt for a snack.
5. Limiting alcohol intake to a maximum.
6. Choosing lean cuts of white meat, poultry or seafood instead of red or processed meat.
7. Choosing peanut butter instead of chocolate spread or jam.
8. Choosing whole-grain bread, rice, or pasta instead of white bread, rice, or pasta.
9. Choosing unsaturated fats (olive oil, canola oil, corn oil, or sunflower oil) instead of saturated fats (butter, ghee, animal fat,